Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 16, 2015

DIY Flavored Olive Oil With Essential Oils


I was inspired to make something with my oils when I saw these pretty bottles at the dollar store. That's right, the dollar store. I find some of the best containers for my concoctions there.


There's an olive mill right near my house that has AMAZING flavored oils in every flavor that you can think of. Problem is, the oil is around 15 or 20 bucks a bottle, for a small(ish) bottle, and. being the frugal mom that I am, I can't be that frivolous.

So this is an easy one: Just fill your (glass) bottle with olive oil and add 8-12 drops of your essential oil depending on which one you choose and how flavored you'd like it to be.
Here are the oils I had to choose from. I brought out all of my citrus oils because, personally, citrus infused oils are my favorite. You could also use Basil, Taste of Italy, Rosemary, etc.

 Please make sure that your oils are safe to ingest, this is really important. 

I made two oils, lemon in one and lemon/orange in another one.




Shake it up really well and it's ready to use. If you're feeling extra creative, throw some dried rosemary, basil, or other herbs in there for looks and flavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment