Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April Beauty Army Box



I received my first Beauty Army sample box last week and I have to tell you that I am so obsessed with this whole idea of beautiful little boxes full of surprises and fun! You can sign up here and for 12 bucks a month you can pick up to 6 nice-sized samples of exquisite beauty products to try. The thing I like about Beauty Army is that you know what's coming in the mail.
So here's a quick rundown of what I got and how I liked it:

1. Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau De Toillette
My favorite thing in the box! It smells sweet and fresh and delicious. This smells exactly like Sugar from Scentsy. I ordered a bottle from amazon two days after I tried it.

2. Karuna Brightening Treatment MaskKaruna
This is a nice soft cloth mask that is full of gooey goodness. It was kind of a pain to get this over my face without getting it in my eyes, but once I got it on it felt pretty good. I didn't notice any dramatic results after using so even though it felt nice and smelled good, I probably won't spend the $28 for 4 masks.

3. MyFace Cosmetics Mymix Foundation (Fair 02)
Tried this a couple of times and didn't really care for it. My B.B. Cream has more coverage than this stuff. It's very light weight and probably better for people who already have pretty great skin.

4. Mama Mio Boob Tube
I was pretty skeptical of this product based on what it says it can do. I mean, really? A lotion that you rub on your boobs to make them stop sagging? lol Anyways, I've been using this once a day for four days and although I haven't noticed a difference in sag, (one of my girls points a little more South than the other), I did notice a difference in the feel of my skin and the stuff smells really good. I'll keep using it for a while and see what happens.

5. MAD Skincare Redness Rescue
Didn't have a real need for this one but it's supposed to help people who get redness or blotchiness from things like rosacea (sp) or excema or whatever. I do get some redness on my chest and I tried it there and it seemed to work ok. There are great reviews about it online.

Freeman Beauty Pssssst Instant Dry Shampoo
Didn't get to use this one because you have to spray it on then brush it out which I normally can't do because I have super curly hair and if I brushed it out it would be a giant afro! I will try it on day 2 after flat ironing and we'll see. It got pretty great reviews though. Also, I noticed that the brand makes this for curly hair that doesn't need to be brushed out...I wonder why they didn't send me that one??

All in all, great box! I'm already looking forward to May. It's a good thing I get a BirchBox every month too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment