Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 7, 2011

Street Tacos


I'm having leftovers for lunch today and it reminded me that I made some amazing street tacos the other day. I used boneless chuck shoulder steak. The secret is in this marinade that I found in the ethnic section of Albertson's. It's a tall bottle and it says Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade. This must be the world's best kept secret!! I think it was like $1.49!
So I covered the meat with this and left overnight in the fridge. The next day I slow cooked the meat, (on the stove not a crockpot), in some of the marinade and some water. Just enough to almost cover the meat and simmering for a couple of hours, flipping meat occasionally til it almost just fell apart.
Throw it in a tortilla, add whatever toppings you like. Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment